Students must be in grade 11 or 12 and a member of their school’s curricular vocal music program if one exists. At the time of the audition and the All State Jazz Choir rehearsals and performances, students must be eligible under the rules of the Colorado High School Activities Association. Auditions are recorded and submitted by each director.
For each solo, a MIDI file, MP3 file, and a PDF of the score are provided below. These solos have been recycled from previous years. Do not be alarmed by the date on the Lead Sheets. If files are protected, the password can be found in the Director’s Information Packet. See the list of solos below to track what years are assigned to solos:
- Billie’s Bounce – Solo for 2023, 2026, 2029, 2032 etc..
- But Not For Me – Solo for 2023, 2026, 2029, 2032 etc..
- Foolish Hearts – Solo for 2024, 2027, 2030, 2033 etc..
- Four – Solo for 2024, 2027, 2030, 2033 etc..
- It Could Happen To You – Solo for 2025, 2028, 2031, 2034, 2037 etc..
- Tenor Madness – Solo for 2025, 2028, 2031, 2034, 2037 etc..
Note: The year listed is the year the choir takes place (ex. Jan. 2018), not the year that students are auditioning (ex. Oct/Nov 2017).
2022-2023 ASJC Call Back Excerpts (Thanks to Paul Falk!)
PDFs for Learning Excerpts – > https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bcClGngOgW79RLxVDpmxsp2ez_Jsuflq?usp=sharing
Moonray (SSAA): https://drive.google.
Sunday Driver (SATB): https://drive.google.
Forever Blue (SATB): https://drive.google.
Previous Sight Reading Excerpts for Callbacks